Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Emma Ishihara Success Story...

Name: Emma Ishihara

Semester/Year Started at WCC: Fall 2016
Semester/Year Started in TRiO SSS: Fall 2017
Degree(s) Earned at WCC or 4yr. college/university: AA, BSW, and Master's Social Work
Semester(s)/Year(s) Graduated: Graduated from WCC in 2018
How has TRiO SSS helped you/what services have you used? 
My name is Emma Ishihara, and I was with TRiO SSS from the Fall of 2016 until the Spring of 2018, when I got my AA in Liberal Arts and transferred to UH Mānoa to pursue my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Social Work. I worked as a tutor with TRiO until 2020 and continue to benefit from the connections I made with some of the most outstanding people I have ever met. Despite the short time that I spent as a student, TRiO helped me to make amazing friends, set me up to succeed in some of the most stressful academic challenges of my life, and gave me a support network to get through college, university, and job applications. These guys are some of the hardest-working and most supportive people you will meet, and I will always appreciate them!
Emma Ishihara, LSW

No comments: